Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jane Eyre questions

Hi everyone,
I hope you have started Jane Eyre and are enjoying it so far. Please feel free to start following this blog, so you get notifications when I post something new.

If you have questions about the book or about the homework in general, please comment to this post. I will respond as soon as I can. If you want a direct response, just to you, then provide your email address. Otherwise, I will post my response in the comments section so everyone can see it.

Happy reading!
Ms. Scher

12 comments:

  1. oh boy. overwhelming to read these posts. to think that i had to do all that last year.. kinda unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alwin,
    I know you probably miss AP Lit already. You can read Jane Eyre along with us! :)

    Ms. Scher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Scher,
    I have finished reading Jane Eyre and i was about to start writing up my essay when a question came to me, "How long would you prefer our entries to be?" How many pages would be preferable to you?
    Thank,
    Ian Glazman-Schillinger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ian,
    In AP, I usually won't give length requirements when you write. However, I usually limit how much time you get to write. So, for your response, I would give yourself an hour to write a response, and then stop at that point and edit for clarity. What I'm really looking for is insight, strong writing, and lots of references to the text (quotes!). Also, in AP this year, one of your main goals will be to write essays that make points quickly and clearly without repeating yourself, so try to work on that as you write your response. I hope that helps!

    Ms. Scher

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more question, how do we text note our quotes? If we all have different copies of the book, should we simply use quotation marks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can just put the page number from your edition of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ms. Scher I have a problem with posting my essay because its 600 characters to long for the comment section. I would like to email it to you but I do not currently have your email. My email is dantevfernandes@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dante--
    How many characters were you limited to? I think you should try to limit your response to that number of characters. It'd be great if you could post that character limit here so others know how to limit their responses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms. Scher, is it okay if our blog post wont recognize paragraphs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ms. Scher, it's Evan. I was wondering how I would go about text noting a page, since I read an eBook and it doesn't do pages well. It will only tell me the amount of pages a chapter has, and how far I am into it. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Evan,
    Good question! You can just include the quotes in quotation marks. Don't worry about the text notes.

    Ms. Scher

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made weird text notes like this --> (37:12). Which means Chapter 37, page 12 :p

    ReplyDelete